When You Need Water Clean Up Know the Water Classes and Categories
Have you suffered Water Damages?
Step 1, educate yourself about the Classes and Categories of Water Damages.
Classes of Water Damage
- Class 1 damage involves part of a room that has absorbed little moisture. It’s the least level of damage.
- Class 2 damage has affected an entire room and has absorbed into carpeting and walls.
- Class 3 damage has absorbed up into the walls, saturated most of the area, and may have come through the ceiling. Class 3 damage is considered the worst.
- Class 4 damage requires specialty drying due to damage done to materials such as hardwood, stone, and concrete.
Categories of Water Damage
- Category 1 involves damage from a clean water source such as toilet tanks, broken pipes supplying clean water. Category 1 water damage can degrade into category 2 or 3 if it sits too long.
- Category 2 involves damage from “grey water,” such as washing machine or dishwasher water containing detergents. It may also involve water containing urine from toilet overflows.
- Category 3 involves completely unsanitary water that can easily cause illness, disease, or death. Category 3 water comes from sewage, river flooding, and standing water that has begun growing bacteria and other microbes.
We at SERVPRO of Reno NW/Truckee/Tahoe Vista are experts at all water clean up. Call us and we will get you back to normal, ASAP. We are available 24/7 for all your fire and water damage emergencies, 775-747-2800.